Wish A library developer fund for fulfilling our library wishes

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

I'm a happy user of B4A for already a long time and the progress has been phenomenal. However, there is an impediment and that is available library developers that create professional libraries on demand.

My suggestion is to start a library fund to solve all our problems.

In my opinion a lot has been created but not all is useful for a broad audience and for us non library developers.

I want at least 1 simple library a month and also when new Android versions are launched to support new stuff. Till now this has been a little bit of a problem.

Funding (crowd) is a way to get this done, but to get it right we would need a voting system and donations. We could create a list of needed libraries per month and let others vote on it so that we can determine what needs to be developed. Another approach would be to pick the libraries that get the biggest donations.

All this could work a little like SellAnApp.com but for libraries.

Who thinks this is a good idea?

Cheers,

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggested the same idea long time ago but it didn't happen util now. Hope it will work this time.

dibb3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good idea, only it should have an option to give to everyone or to donations only, or let the donates get them a few months in advance. Problem would be keeping track of donations already made to hit the required limit. Am sure the devs here are trustworthy but it only takes one to take advantage to wreck the whole idea.