A way to run your own statistics server (like Google Analytics) in realtime

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have been using my stats server for a while now and I thought I share some stuff with you.

The stats I use are based on the Piwik Open Source code and is great for realtime statistics. I use it for two things:

- tracking of NFC and QR code scans somewhere in our country;
- tracking of goals like "Mobile login" etc.

For now you can use my server to see the stats and test a few things, be gentle to it because it runs some of my stuff :)

Login details:
URL: Sign in
username: demo
password: demologin

You can add goal stats by visiting the URL: http://www.things.io/script/stats/trackgoal.php

Attached are the php scripts to talk to my server, they are very basic but could be a starting point if you want to setup your own Piwik server. Just copy them to a folder and see how your call adds one to the goal. These script are the way to add direct stats to the system (from Android).

I have integrated all in a nicely wrapped secure API for my own purposes (not sharing this). Last 6 months I have build my own custom JSON api's for Android devices. These API's handle everything from database access to security.
Right now sharing the API that talks to the HTTP client of B4A is no option, it is huge in terms of available methods.

Writing a secure wrapper API for the backend on SSL is the only way IMO to connect your device in a secure and professional matter.

I try to help you if needed but my current workload does not really allow me to do so.

Overall I think implementation on a LAMP stack and the Android phone is a piece of cake.

Cheers and have fun!

Attachments

• stats.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 200