B4J Tutorial [ABMaterial/ABMServer] Mini Template for absolute beginners (update 2022/09/08)

saeed10051

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi I am getting the error unknown type abmserver.
which shows that it is not able to fine the abmserver library that i have put in the additional libraries folder.
I have placed this abmserver library in both the abmaterial4.3 library folder and also outside of it but not working

j_o_h_n

Licensed User
Have you added abmserver inside the ide? By selecting the library tab from the tabs on the bottom right side of the IDE and then selecting ABMServer in the list that appears above that?

saeed10051

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is not appearing in the library tab. while abmaterial 4.3 is showing, which i have added to the ide
I have closed the app and restarted that .
Now it is appearing

Toley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alain, thank you very much for this great work. It is clearly simpler to get started for us beginners. Just a little thing, your logo is missing in the template (v4.3) but it is really not a big deal.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i really would like to use this lib but i have a very stupid question.
the b4j template is creating the website but putting the website on my server and calling the page just show the loading animation.

do i also need to put the jar file on my server? what is the procedure to upload your site to the server after you build the website?

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the b4j template is creating the website but putting the website on my server and calling the page just show the loading animation.
The www folder needs to be used in correspondence with the produced .jar file. That folder is not meant to be used with another type of web server (Apache, lighttpt, nginx, etc). For example, you could create a folder called mysite at the root folder. In that folder, you place the .jar file and the www directory. You then run the .jar file and access your site via the ipaddress|hostname:port#/applicationname . The build in server (jServer) of the .jar file will handle the .html/.css/.js/etc files located under the www folder.

Edit: markup fix to keep :p from showing up as

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

and how can i make this site public?
what do i need to upload it to the world?

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and how can i make this site public?
This may need to be a new thread. Part of it depends on what you plan to run this (windows/linux/etc, real hardware/virtual, etc) and from where (from home, server farm, etc.)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This may need to be a new thread. Part of it depends on what you plan to run this (windows/linux/etc, real hardware/virtual, etc) and from where (from home, server farm, etc.)

ok thanx for your answer, it seems to be too complicated for me. will look for a different solution. thanx

xmtotti

Licensed User
Hi,I will change checklogin into chinese,but I can't find where I can change the text on login screen,thanks!

FabioRome

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good evening, with the mini template abmaterial 5.0 you don't see the burger menu. how can it be solved?

Attachments

• screen.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 137
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…