B4J Question [ABMaterial] How to include image in combo

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ABMCombo.png

How does one write the code to produce this in a modal form?
Also, I would like to display the selected image on the modal form. (use containers??)

Thanks

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ti2.png
ti1.png

Found your example code exactly where you pointed... I should have looked there first - eh? (my bad...)
The Sub "BuildItem" is the key here for building the nice combo... Placing an image in a cell is trivial as well.

I found a neat trick to use (empty) labels - sized accordingly - to provide space between rows. This way, I can make a ABM.MODALSHEET_SIZE_NORMAL
a little larger to suit the content.

B4X:
    Dim ABMGentiInsp_Typelabel As ABMLabel
    ABMGentiInsp_Typelabel.Initialize(page,  "ABMGentiInsp_Typelabel",   "",  ABM.SIZE_H2,  True, "")
    ABMGentiInsp_TypeModal.Content.CellR(1,1).AddComponent(ABMGentiInsp_Typelabel)
    ABMGentiInsp_Typelabel.Text = "{NBSP}"

Thanks again for your support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luk
Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice looking sheet Harris!
Thanks,

I wish others would post their creations so we all could get ideas of how to make a nice looking site (grids, data tables, input sheets, front ends, etc.) using ABM.
Perhaps you could post a request for inspirational designs?

My initial design is inspired from my "arse pucker" feel. The more twitches, the better the design (not exactly standard practice). Yet in the end, the users will decide. It would be nice to have sources (other designs) to refer to. My creativity is (very) limited.

Thanks

Upvote 0

killiak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks,

I wish others would post their creations so we all could get ideas of how to make a nice looking site (grids, data tables, input sheets, front ends, etc.) using ABM.
Perhaps you could post a request for inspirational designs?

My initial design is inspired from my "arse pucker" feel. The more twitches, the better the design (not exactly standard practice). Yet in the end, the users will decide. It would be nice to have sources (other designs) to refer to. My creativity is (very) limited.

Thanks

I will.... as soon as i do more thatn a Hello World i Will. I'm convencing my company to use this platform WAY better than PHP. BUT (always a but) the learning curve is not THAT easy (sorry always :D) probably because i'm adding to the B4J learning curve this framework... once i handle this you will see lot of me around.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will.... as soon as i do more thatn a Hello World i Will. I'm convencing my company to use this platform WAY better than PHP. BUT (always a but) the learning curve is not THAT easy (sorry always :D) probably because i'm adding to the B4J learning curve this framework... once i handle this you will see lot of me around.

That will be nice!.
The best way to learn is copy from the source supplied in the demo and feedback samples (at least it was for me).
If one had to learn from scratch (no source examples) I'm afraid I wouldn't have made it past the first line...

Use the CRUD generator (ABMGenerator) to produce your modal sheets. You can learn much from it - as well as save hundreds of lines of code that would otherwise have to be typed. Alwaysbusy says an update will be in 1.08b.

B4X:
Sub Page_ParseEvent(Params As Map)
    Log(" Insp Parse Event: "&Params)
    Dim eventName As String = Params.Get("eventname")  ....
End Sub

I added - Log(" Insp Parse Event: "&Params) to log the events. This map shows what events are being fired and what the parameters are:
Insp Parse Event: (MyMap) {eventparams=abmistable,target, abmistable=abmistable, eventname=tbldetl_clicked, target=tbldetl_0_5__}

I have tried the php route... no thanks... Dealing with data in this framework (ABM and B4J) is much easier, more reliable and robust.
Creating these apps is now "pure joy" rather than a frustrating waste of my precious time with other technologies. Things "work" with this and - I can actually understand how and why!!!

Good luck with your new adventure.

Upvote 0