B4J Question [ABMaterial] Is it possible to use an image as an ABMButton's background?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ABM gurus...

I would like to use an ABMButton with an image background, but the Background property does not exist, and the icon values accepts only icon set names

I would like to create a small imagebutton, keeping all the visuals and functionality of the ABMButton

mindful

Licensed User
No setting an image as the background is not possible.

You can use ambimage and set the clickable property to true or if you really want to keep it as a button you can create an abmcontainer set its background image, add one row with one cell in it and you can add a transparent button there with the width the whole cell (i don't remember the property name).

Or another way is to use clickable rows (you need to create a row theme with the clickable property set to true) so you add a container with the background image that you want and you add 1 row to it with row theme the one where you set clickable true also you need to add one cell to this row. And when you click that row (that container with the background image) it will raise the Page_RowClicked (target as string, row as string) where the target is the container id.

So as you can see there are various ways to do it ... but not by default and I think it will never be done as google material buttons don't have a button and ABM follows the materialize guide lines.

Upvote 0