B4J Question [ABMaterial] Material Icons do not show up with ABMLabels in ABMaterial 3.03

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This issue also happened with ver2.0 as seen here

The "old" google icons do not show, and the "new" show misaligned vertical.
Reverting to ABM 3.02 solves the issue with the "old" icons, but not the vertical misalignment
I am running ABM 3.03 and B4J5.50

Last edited:

prajinpraveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi There, were you able to resolve this. I am still experiencing the same issue. The issue happens when i am trying to run the application from the server
upload_2018-1-8_12-1-32.png

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
found the problem. Very silly. had to copy the file, "copymewithjar.needs" across
If I had a dollar for the number of times this has bit me in the rear, well I would still be poor...
"Maybe" it could be compiled into the jar?

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"Maybe" it could be compiled into the jar?
Although I like the idea (and I will investigate), one should still take into account that when you make a change (e.g. add a new icon) you will need to compile at least once in debug mode to generate a new .needs file. If you would compile to the release jar, the icon would still not show as it would use the old generated .needs file. So not sure this would solve all problems.

The advantages (speedwise) of the .needs file are so huge (only loading stuff when and where needed), I'm afraid this is just one of those little things one should write on a sticky note a put on ones forhead... :oops:

Upvote 0