B4J Question [ABMaterial] QR code scanner

Ganiadi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Experts,

Does any body has created a class / an example that can read qr code from a javascript directly ?

Thanks

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Not an expert, but SEARCH sometimes helps....

somebody knows something.....

Upvote 0

Ganiadi

Licensed User
Longtime User

Not an expert, but SEARCH sometimes helps....

somebody knows something.....
Hi Harris,

Thanks for the reff and i did it before, but the one that we need now that our mobile web apps need to read the QR code
I do it using b4a, but is it possible access the camera through js, please advice

Tks

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have no idea, since this is B4J and not B4A....

The Android app (B4A) has access to device primitives (camera, other sensors) ... But a web app (B4J) running in a web browser (ie. Chrome) on an Android device does not (that I know of). Would be nice, but that would eliminate the need for B4A. B4i.....

Find a way, let us know....
Browsers are (currently) limited into accessing the features and functionality of the underlying OS (Android, iOS, Win, etc...), with some exceptions.
Some day in the future, all we shall need is an intelligent browser - on any device (any make) - and YOU (and I) - the intelligent developer that can access all hardware features.

I'm sure @Erel (and his partners/supporters) have been seriously investigating this for some time now.
We Shall Wait and See.... I never under-estimate the scope of what this man can achieve. Just look where he has taken B4 - Everything.

B4E....

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could make a custom component for this one: https://github.com/mebjas/html5-qrcode

I wrapped it for BANano and it is very easy to use, especially if you use their predefined interface Html5QrcodeScanner. Got really good results from it and we use it in our PWAs. Despite its name 'Qrcode', it can do all kind of 1D barcodes too.

Alwaysbusy

Upvote 0