B4J Question [ABMaterial] Some icons don't work

rbirago

Licensed User
I have tried various icons in NavigationBar without problems (mdi-action-help, mdi-action-exit-to-app, etc.) but some others (from the same awesome's list) don't work (ie. mdi-content-save, mdi-communication-form, etc.). Where's the trick?
thanks
Roberto

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
(from the same awesome's list) - Do you mean Font Awesome?

"fa fa-arrows-v"

Font Awesome fonts are prefixed with "fa " - as in - "fa fa-arrows-v"
as in:

page.NavigationBar.InitializeExtraHalfButton("ExtraButton", "fa fa-arrows-v", ABM.BUTTONSIZE_NORMAL, ABM.HALFBUTTON_RIGHT, "btngreen")

"mdi-action-exit-to-app" ("mdi" prefix) are material icons...

Nice to see you are learning the framework. Like Font Awesome - ABM is awesome....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
but some others (from the same awesome's list) don't work (ie. mdi-content-save, mdi-communication-form, etc.). Where's the trick?

Yep - very confusing without code...
Making statements without supporting code makes us looking into our crystal ball. And we won't spend much time there - cause it is very cloudy.. No results appear.
I always refer to the link you listed above when I need to refer to material icons - always work as expected...

Upvote 0

rbirago

Licensed User
I think that The trick is caused by the list (not Awesome, my mistake) that I used to pickup the proper icons.
Probably it is not true that some of the listed icons of the site
http://prd.one-two.com:51042/demo/IconsPage/abmaterial-material-icons.html
are correct. Looking at other lists on the net I have not found for example any mdi-communication....icon.
So, where can I find a valid icon list?
Look at this varied lines of the basic Master Template Project sample:
B4X:
Sub ConnectNavigationBar(page As ABMPage) 'ignore   
    ' Clear the dummies we created in BuildNavigationBar
    page.NavigationBar.Clear

' add NavigationBar items
    ' direct the nav to an associated page in the last parameter - "../AboutPage"
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarItem( "About",   "About / Help", "mdi-communication-chat",   "../AboutPage")
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarDivider

page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarItem( "Reports",   "Template Page", "mdi-communication-form",  "../ABMPageTemplate")

' these menu items just raise an error because they do not have a valid url!
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarItem(   "Config", "Configure App", "mdi-action-settings-applications",  "")
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarSubItem("Config", "Company",  "Setup Company", "mdi-action-home", "")
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarSubItem("Config", "Users",  "Setup Users", "mdi-action-account-circle", "")

page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarItem(   "Apps", "Applications", "mdi-navigation-apps",  "")
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarSubItem("Apps",  "Tickets", "Download Stuff Page"   , "mdi-action-receipt","")
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarSubItem("Apps",  "ECMviol", "Show Google Map", "mdi-action-trending-down", "")
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarSubItem("Apps",  "GEOZone", "I Like Charts", "mdi-action-explore", "")
    page.NavigationBar.AddSideBarSubItem("Apps",  "DLogs", "My Card Page", "mdi-action-view-list", "")

' add the LOGOUT item on the title bar....
    page.NavigationBar.AddTopItem("LogOff", "Logout", "mdi-action-exit-to-app",   "",False)

page.NavigationBar.Refresh ' IMPORTANT

End Sub
thanks
Roberto

Upvote 0