B4J Question [ABMaterial] Works in debug, not in release (ABM 5.0)

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4J 9.8
ABMaterial 5.0
Openjdk version "11.0.1"

Scratching my head with this - My ABMaterial app works fine in debug but when run in Release it doesn't go past the swirling loader image.

I've tried with & without SSL, I've tried running the template from the ABM for dummies thread, I've tried other apps I've made with ABM and all give the same result. If I roll back to ABM 4.51 the problem goes away.

I even uploaded the compiled .jar to my VPS and ran it there with the same result.

The log file doesn't show any errors. Any ideas of where to look?

TIA

c:\jdk-11.0.1\bin\java -jar Gallery.jar
init MySql/MariaDB
MLog initialization issue: slf4j found no binding or threatened to use its (dangerously silent) NOPLogger. We consider the slf4j library not found.
Aug 04, 2022 4:15:06 PM com.mchange.v2.log.MLog
INFO: MLog clients using java 1.4+ standard logging.
Aug 04, 2022 4:15:07 PM com.mchange.v2.c3p0.C3P0Registry
INFO: Initializing c3p0-0.9.5.2 [built 08-December-2015 22:06:04 -0800; debug? true; trace: 10]
Connect MySql/MariaDB
OK init page
loading C:\Dev\Gallery\Objects: copymewithjar.needs...
Using cache system: 3.0
Current App version: 1659624751625
Needs material/awesome icons
OK loadpage
OK add handler
GZipping HTML, JavaScript and CSS files...
Optimizing new and updated PNG files...
Building core.min.1659624751625.css...
Run server port: 55056

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you copied the complete www folder and the .needs files to your VPS too?
I sure have. I also cleared the entire folders and rebuilt the app on my dev system, cleared the VPS and uploaded everything. Same result on both dev box and VPS - Just the swirl.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ahhh - So I just tried compiling *without* my donor key and everything has started working again. Deleting the gz files and running with the donor key produces the same issue as before.

Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Got it!

In ABMApplication there's a line....

B4X:
ABM.ActivateUseCDN(DonatorKey, "https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/RealAlwaysbusy/[email protected]/")

It's hanging there. If I comment it out everything works as expected. Is there a suggested update for the line?

Last edited:
Upvote 0