Android Question accessing .bal from .bas module

rkmoray

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the app I am trying to write, I have 6 screens (.bal) files. with controls in them.
I am trying to access the controls in the bal files from .bas files.
Is there an examplr of multiple bal files with controls, where each file has a .bas file to go with it?

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the app I am trying to write, I have 6 screens (.bal) files. with controls in them.
I am trying to access the controls in the bal files from .bas files.
Is there an examplr of multiple bal files with controls, where each file has a .bas file to go with it?
I'm not sure what you want to achieve. ".bas" files are software module/component files within B4X. The files can contain code for "Activities", "Classes", "Services", ...
You load ".bal" files which are "designer" files into any layout host such as Activities, Panels, .... to display the UI. References to the views within the designer files (layout) can be references by using the tool within the Designer "Tools | Generate Members" menu which will place references to the views so that you can access them programmatically. I would suggest you read the B4A Beginner's guide https://www.b4x.com/android/documentation.html.

Upvote 0