Android Question Accessing Dropbox

Brad Henderson

Licensed User
I am using the Dropbox V2 wrapper to connect to my Dropbox with a known token and app key.
I get to :
dbxFiles.listFolder("",False,True,False,True,True)

and get the error:

getCurrentAccount()
files:listFolder()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method listFolderBuilder(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/dropbox/core/v2/files/ListFolderBuilder; in class Lcom/dropbox/core/v2/files/DbxUserFilesRequests; or its super classes (declaration of 'com.dropbox.core.v2.files.DbxUserFilesRequests' appears in /data/app/b4a.example.dbxv2-2/base.apk)
at de.donmanfred.dbxv2.files.DbxUserFilesRequestsWrapper$33.run(DbxUserFilesRequestsWrapper.java:1607)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

I am using the config.Initialize("",token,"","de-de",5) but should the eventname and clientidentifier have a more specific value and is userlocale of "de-de" appropriate for my access?

Thank You

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn´t worked with the library for years.
Maybe dropbox changed the SDK.
I need to investigate

Upvote 0

Brad Henderson

Licensed User
Thanks Manfred. If you haven't used this in years, would you suggest a better cloud based server than Dropbox? I just need to access a sqlite database and text files from an Android tablet remotely.
Thanks again

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you haven't used this in years
i use dropbox daily in my apps. But the last update of the app is probably years ago; that´s what i meant... So i was still using dropbox v3 jar...
it is maybe needed to update the library.

i can not suggest any other cloud-platform as i am only using Dropbox.
I just need to access a sqlite database and text files from an Android tablet remotely
you CAN NOT do that with Dropbox.
You can only get a copy of the database, write to this copy and you need to upload again. Dropbox and even all other cloud-providers are the wrong solution for this task.

Upvote 0

Brad Henderson

Licensed User
I'm sorry I misled you, I want to get a copy of a database from Dropbox, create a second database from information in the first database then upload the second database to Dropbox. I also need to get a copy of a text file and modify this and upload it back. I notice you said you are using Dropbox v3, I am using Dropbox V2 perhaps that is the problem?

Thanks Manfred

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dropbox v3
the dropbox-v3.xx.xx.jar i mean.
dropboxV2 is the java-version of the library. It is named V2 as i did one before. Dropbox HTTP (that was V1)

So i am using DropboxV2 library too. But with an older dropboxvx.xx.xx.jar...

Upvote 0