Android Question Activities or Panels

Stichler

Licensed User
Which is better overalll to do? Multiple Panels or Multiple Activities? For example say I was making a game and each level i could open a new activity or panel?

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which is better overalll to do? Multiple Panels or Multiple Activities? For example say I was making a game and each level i could open a new activity or panel?

You are going to get 1 million people saying that multiple activities are better, but I'm going to try to beat them to the punch and say that I personally prefer using multiple panels.

Back in 2011 I started by using multiple panels. Around 2013 I switched to multiple activities – thought that was great. I quickly switched back to multiple panels because it was just easier to work with. I have to say that my apps typically have only 4 or 5 panels. Maybe with more pages using multiple activities has an advantage.

You can tell by the feel of most applications that they were implemented using multiple activities.

I think you just have to bite the bullet and realize that you are going to have to maintain persistent data to return to the correct state of an application after exit. I found I had to maintain this persistent information whether I used panels or activities – panels was a little easier.

Barry.

Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
Very detailed response ty! I like multiple Activities bc it feels cleaner, but i like mutiple Panels bc it feels more compressed. Basically its just a matter of opinion then?

Upvote 0