Android Question Add close button to Interstitial Ads?!

Geizzer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Forum,

I've come across an annoying trend with interstitial ads hiding their very tiny close buttons tucked right into the corners so they are almost impossible to see/tap on curved screen phones! To add to this insult the back button doesn't seem to close these ads either forcing me to have to close and kill my application in order to continue. This is a terrible user experience I would like to avoid!

So my question is can I overlay an interstitial ad with my own close button which appears after 5-10 seconds? I'm currently using FirebaseAdmob 2.00 library.

The obvious solution, stop using interstitials, but I'm hoping for something more creative as this is an issue likely to affect anyone using iADs.

Also thanks for all the help you've already provided me!

Regards

Geizzer

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Interstitial Ad is running in his own activity. You can't edit that activity. Also is strictly forbidden to edit any Ad provided by Admob.

Upvote 0

Geizzer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @Pendrush, I'm thinking this is something I should take up with Admob's QA.

Do you know if there's a simple way of reporting these (in my view) abusive ads? I'm talking about a small proportion but it's getting more prevalent, I'm looking at you "Panda Pop" et al!

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, there are far too many abusive ads around nowadays.

I now have a simple rule. If an app shows ads it is uninstalled immediately or if there is a paid ad-free version I will buy that if I like the app. I am quite happy to buy the apps I use and not be bombarded by ads for things I will never buy or use..

Upvote 0