Again FormExDesktop

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Cableguy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Hi Andrew....
    I finally solved my initial problems in working with FormExDesktop...And guess what!?!?!
    I found new problems.....:sign0060::sign0161:

Here's a couple of screenshots...

I was just trying to add an image button with a very simple bmp image.....Or a png with transparency, if possible...

The imagebutton (CloseButton) was added to a native b4ppc form, and the form is being handled by a FormExDesktop object called FX...

Code:
    Sub SetControls
       FX.New1(
    "MainForm")
       FX.DrawImage=AppPath & 
    "\BackGround.PNG"
       FX.BorderStyle=
       FX.TransparencyKey=FX.BackColor
       CloseButton.BringToFront

FX.Run 
    '-This MUST be the last statement on the sub
    End Sub
    I also tryied to create a Non-native form using new2 method, but the behaviour is the same...

2. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

3. Cableguy

Thanks for the fast reply and I am glad to say I found a workaround the transparency issue...
    IF one uses as the imagebutton a png with a transparent background ( I achieved this with PaintShop pro BackGround eraser), then un-setting the transparency propertie has NO effect in the image transparent regions...Thus rendering the Button...tranparent...

EDIT:
    NO it has NOT been solved, sorry for misleading you..
    My image button is just small enough to blend in to the background..
    Again, Thank You Andrew!!:sign0188:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. Cableguy

Thinking with my buttons, I started wondering if controlsExDesktop would have a compatible ImageButton....
    Unfortunatly NO...
    Perhaps a "small" update would provide a workaround?

5. agraham

ImageButton is not a button or a Windows Forms control at all but is a custom control so would have to have the coding replicated in ControlEx...

Look at this earlier thread for a couple of ideas. This was before the cs files for merging were available and so before I could look at the code and understand why an ImageButton didn't work on a FormEx.

6. Cableguy

I've been playing around with a picturebox dll, and setting the props names as close as possible to the ones used in b4ppc...
    I'm having some trouble with ImageLayout as it expects an integer and I would like to pass a string equal to the one used in b4ppc image modes.
    I understand this is possible with the switch keyword but I cant get it to work...
    Anyway...
    After exposing all the methods and props needed, I will need to expose at least the 3 events supported by the b4ppc image button...
    So I guess about 60% of the FormExDestop compatible IMAGEBUTTON.DLL is done...
    (Yes, transparency has been acomplished)

7. agraham

Code:
    switch (modestring.ToLower())
    {

case "cstretchimage":
        Pbox.SizeMode = PictureBoxSizeMode.StretchImage;
        break;

case "ccenterimage":
        Pbox.SizeMode = PictureBoxSizeMode.CenterImage;
        break;
      default:
        Pbox.SizeMode = PictureBoxSizeMode.Normal;
        break;
    }

8. Cableguy

Thanks Andrew...
    I was not the exct codeI needed, not because of the controls name, but because, in order to achieve transparency, I'm setting the BackgroundImage instead of the Image..
    So I used the BackgroundImageLayout prop and it now works a treat...

Now for the hardest part...the events...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  9. Cableguy

OK, So I now have a fully working ImageButton/PictureBox, with all the normal props, methods and events used in b4ppc...
    I will post it later on, If I can resolve one last thing....
    How do I achieve the image shifting that ocours when the control is clicked?
    Since I'm working with a Picturebox as a base for my ImageButton, this is not a control standart behaviour...
    But perhaps I can do this offset in the click event?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice