susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1 !!!

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ads in the notification area?! - even when my app is not being used.

Sorry guys, but that will surely pi** off (my) users!

Too invasive in my opinion - to me it is like those pop-up ads/pages we get on our computers.

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Probably more profitable but far too invasive.

I don't know how it works exactly but let us say a user install my app with Airpush and then yours with Airpush (and then some others with Airpush), will the notification area get full of ads (a long list)? What is next step? : the user needs to click on the ad to get rid of it?

It could be useful for apps which you put on market aimed to earn money from ads and you don't really care about the feedback from the users (apparently Active intalls in this case is of no interest). Heck, you can put 10 small variations of one single program, calling them differently, and just hope to get monies from these kinds of ads.

I don't know but I still don't like it. If said ads appeared in my notification area, I would surely get mad and if I managed to trace the app installing it, I would uninstall it.

Edit (one of many negative posts and discussion found by googling):

Airpush happy to support developers who deceive their users (xpost from /r/technology) : Android

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
By the way, what I wrote in my previous posts are just my thoughts and was a bit off-topic since my rant has nothing to do with the original question/wish by magarcan.

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
If an app would install advertisements in the notification area of my phone, i would immediately uninstall the app and give it a bad rating.

:sign0137:

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Airpush is a bad idea, guys. I have seen too many negative reviews on apps that use it.