Wish Amazon Device Messaging

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Amazon Device Messaging
looks like you can use okhttputils2 to use it.

B4X:
POST /messaging/registrations/(REGISTRATION_ID_FOR_DESTINATION_APP_INSTANCE)/messages HTTP/1.1
Host: api.amazon.com
Authorization: Bearer (YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN)
Content-Type: application/json
X-Amzn-Type-Version: [email protected]
Accept: application/json
X-Amzn-Accept-Type: [email protected]

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK. OKHttpUtils2 is fine for sending messages, but I am not really looking to send messages from the App.

What I am after is being able to receive the messages, like I currently do with Firebase like Firebase messaging

I can see all the parts (code for the manifest, java code, API_KEYS etc.) But I don't know how to implement this within B4A having never developer on Android with anything other that B4A since day one....

Does anyone have the necessary code to implement this please ? Happy to donate :)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I am after is being able to receive the messages
You need to follow their instructions. This needs a bit more work, implementing the manifest-changes, adding Service(s), using the SDK. Probably you need to write a wrapper of it. You can use JavaObject too if you are familar with it.

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi DonManfred, I understand that.

But as I said above, I have never done this before, only ever used B4X :)

I haven't registered for token, api_keys or anything yet as I will need to set up a new account for my company.

I am happy to discuss budget with you privately to develop this much like Erel's firebase solution as long as this gets shared to the whole community :)

Cheers

John

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy to discuss budget with you privately to develop this much like Erel's firebase solution as long as this gets shared to the whole community
I have no problem in Publishing the wrapper once it is done.
It is your decision as you are the one who pay for my work in this case...

Lets start a new thread in the job offer forum to discuss anything.

I prefer a thread in the forum instead of a conversation. Writing in public offers the possibility for others to add themself to the discussion.