Wish Amazon Device Messaging

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Amazon Device Messaging
looks like you can use okhttputils2 to use it.

B4X:
POST /messaging/registrations/(REGISTRATION_ID_FOR_DESTINATION_APP_INSTANCE)/messages HTTP/1.1
Host: api.amazon.com
Authorization: Bearer (YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN)
Content-Type: application/json
X-Amzn-Type-Version: com.amazon.device.messaging.ADMMessage@1.0
Accept: application/json
X-Amzn-Accept-Type: com.amazon.device.messaging.ADMSendResult@1.0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK. OKHttpUtils2 is fine for sending messages, but I am not really looking to send messages from the App.

What I am after is being able to receive the messages, like I currently do with Firebase like Firebase messaging

I can see all the parts (code for the manifest, java code, API_KEYS etc.) But I don't know how to implement this within B4A having never developer on Android with anything other that B4A since day one....

Does anyone have the necessary code to implement this please ? Happy to donate

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I am after is being able to receive the messages
You need to follow their instructions. This needs a bit more work, implementing the manifest-changes, adding Service(s), using the SDK. Probably you need to write a wrapper of it. You can use JavaObject too if you are familar with it.

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi DonManfred, I understand that.

But as I said above, I have never done this before, only ever used B4X

I haven't registered for token, api_keys or anything yet as I will need to set up a new account for my company.

I am happy to discuss budget with you privately to develop this much like Erel's firebase solution as long as this gets shared to the whole community

Cheers

John

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy to discuss budget with you privately to develop this much like Erel's firebase solution as long as this gets shared to the whole community
I have no problem in Publishing the wrapper once it is done.
It is your decision as you are the one who pay for my work in this case...

Lets start a new thread in the job offer forum to discuss anything.

I prefer a thread in the forum instead of a conversation. Writing in public offers the possibility for others to add themself to the discussion.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…