Android Question Amazon Fire TV Support

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by netkomm, Apr 4, 2014.

1. netkomm

netkomm Active Member Licensed User

Hi Erel,

would B4A support the newly launched Amazon Fire TV?

2. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

Android apps should work on AFTV (which runs JellyBean), some modifications might be needed (search the forums for Kindle related threads).

3. eps

eps Well-Known Member Licensed User

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  4. eps

This page, https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/overview-gs.html may be of real interest as well.

Of course this isn't much use to us in the UK, as a release date hasn't been announced yet. But I suspect that you are based in the US?

Back in the day, I did purchase a US Kindle Fire, which then allowed me to fine tune my Apps for use on the Amazon devices. If you are serious about Amazon Fire TV then I think you will have to do the same, as long as it works in the UK of course.. or just wait for it to be released.

5. netkomm

netkomm Active Member Licensed User

No not in the States, but we can still buy the device and develop apps for the US market.

Yes, apps for FIRE require some small changes compared to the normal android version.

Lucky that here we will deal with fixed resolutions (720p and 1080p)...

6. eps

Hi

Are you looking to create Apps for this or Games?

7. Osi

Osi Member Licensed User

Any update here? I can answer for myself. I am looking at both, but mainly apps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice