Android Apps on Windows

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone tried this new feature the Windows supposedly has that allows you to run Android Apps on your Windows device through your Phone?

I have Samsung Phone / Devices but none of them new enough to try this.

Just wondering if it works? Windows 10 & Android

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not know if you are referring to "Your phone" application by Microsoft which connects to your phone and displays its screen in a separate clickable window - I think it requires blue tooth.

Edit - You are referring to it. I have tried it and it works as described).
Edit 2 - If you cannot do this with your phone then follow the AirDroid way which is in circulation a lot of years before Microsoft invent the wheel).

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
So this is the "Link to Windows" item in the phone's pull-down menu?

SO, I have a Samsung (Galaxy A30s) with the feature.

Frankly, I haven't tried it and just had a look now to see what needs to be done - but I kinda don't want to go there - for a range of reasons - the phone being such a transactional device for me (screaming wobblies in the brain) so to add using the PC I am sitting at, viewed on the phone/phone viewed on the PC - doesn't compute in that range of activities. Personally don't have a use for transfering files between the two either - but, then, I am no longer a "road-warrior"; and there is drop box etc, anyway.

What that all means is my question is : Why?

Looking at what the Samsung/Microsoft sites say about the functionality - I'm not really interested in using those - it doesn't say whether its bluetooth or direct WIFI or what - so it will probably depend on the PC having bluetooth (don't know how many machines have that hardware installed - it would have to be "recent" machine I suppose).

So, sorry, but I don't know how well it works - but would be interested to know the experiences of others who try it, anyway.

OH and, I'm not a registered Microsoft Account user - and don't need to be.