Android Market

ashrafidkaidek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I’m a little new for the Android word, but I have few years of experience writing apps for other platforms, with Basic4Android it was easy for me to pickup the language and right my first Android app, up to this point everything sounds good.

http://sites.google.com/site/engashdigital/

The surprising part was when I published my app on the Android market, I truly expected the sales will be very good, but actually it was bad … so bad if I compare it to the Microsoft App Hub, to give you an idea, I have wrote same app with same exact functions for both Android and Windows Mobile 6.x platforms and the sales ratio were:
1 Android to 100 Microsoft, not to mention that the app price in the Android market is four times less than its price in the Microsoft market.

One thing I have noticed when published my app in the android market:
The app did not show up in the “new apps” or “latest apps” list, in other words you can’t find it except if you search for it! So I believe this is one of the major issues effecting the app sales, so it will be great if anybody have any experience with the Android Market to add some advices for others to read, any details will be great …

Last edited:

Cor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have uploaded in december Amazing Guitar Chords to the android market
search in android for 'ready4music'

see more info at:
Ready4Music. Cor de Visser - Android Amazing Guitar Chords All Guitar Chords Music Programsakoorden gitaar tuner keyboard chords slowdownmusic slow downmusic Guitar chords slash italian french spanish left handed notationSuper Guitar finder slow down

I have now about 3000 downloads.

What I notice is that almost for every program there is a free version available.

So people don't buy so easily. Maybe the kind of customers are different then
for Windows Mobile???

If you haven't a lite version, there is a change that you don't sell anything!!

I do not complain about the sellings for my program, however the fee is very small, against mobile or pc based programs.

You got to have a real new great program to sell a lot i think.

Upvote 0

ashrafidkaidek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Cor for your reply, actually I have a lite version for my app since day one, even the lite version is not showing high traffic, I truly believe this has a lot to do with the way you submit your app, as I mentioned before when I submit an app in the Android Market it dose not show up on the top of the “Latest Apps” list for some mysterious reason, so please lets focus our discussion around this subject, and I would like to see how others feels about it …

Thank you all

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you need to "give some publicitiy" about your app in forums, blogs etc to make people aware about your app and then through feeds and twitter the app may appear on other web-pages.

Also, in the description of your app, try to insert keywords. I think this will make your app to appear in the search-results if someone looks up a keyword which is in your description.

Thanks Cor for your reply, actually I have a lite version for my app since day one, even the lite version is not showing high traffic, I truly believe this has a lot to do with the way you submit your app, as I mentioned before when I submit an app in the Android Market it dose not show up on the top of the “Latest Apps” list for some mysterious reason, so please lets focus our discussion around this subject, and I would like to see how others feels about it …

Thank you all

Upvote 0

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
A further reason for purchase reluctance is the narrow refund window of 15 minutes. An hour would be more appropriate.

...it does not show up on the top of the "Latest Apps" (Just in) list for some mysterious reason...

Perhaps it takes some time to scan all apps on the market for junk (there is still junk around, though). There may be other plausible reasons, though.

Upvote 0

karmacomposer

Licensed User
Longtime User
A further reason for purchase reluctance is the narrow refund window of 15 minutes. An hour would be more appropriate.

Perhaps it takes some time to scan all apps on the market for junk (there is still junk around, though). There may be other plausible reasons, though.

I am able to get a refund 24 hours later.

Mike

Upvote 0