android NDK support?

Cor

Licensed User
Longtime User
will there be android NDK support?

Using the APIs, developers have direct native access to events, audio, graphics and window management, assets, and storage

grCor

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow

Nice to see a fellow musician here. I hope we can get on the Android-platform simular applications like those for iPhone, for instance Amplitube and so on.

Why do you need MIDI? I guess it would be OK for arpeggio but for a chord (a simple strum), wouldn't it be better with a WAV-file, MP3-file or another sound-format (recorded by you)?

Last edited:

Cor

Licensed User
Longtime User
there are more then 3000 chords including variations

Not computer generated chords, but real chords with finger numbers, or note names, which you really can play, based on my program Super Guitar Chord Finder

I have done tests with ogg files which is ok
Playing more sound files after each other works also ok

But then i have to record for each string at least 24 sound files
and the last note played from a chord must have a longer release time

However does a guitarist needs sound for Android device??, me personally not, most of the time it's only needed for a quick reference.

There is also a chordname finder included; find chords by note input
or by TAB notation input, it will tell you the chordname

ps.
here is a live recording from my band: Timemachine, Long Train Running
YouTube - Time Machine - Long train running

grCor

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought you were including only the basic chords which, on seconds thoughts, would still involve quite a lot of chords. Yes, probably MIDI is the way to go... :)

I like the TAB-feature - haven't seen this before in other applications.

Nice performance! Are you the person playing rhytm-guitar?

there are more then 3000 chords including variations

Cor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'am playing at the left( behind the other guitarist) , keyboards and also solo guitar.

are you a guitarist?

Then maybe you willing to test my program if it is in final stage?
and let me hear what you think.

Do you have a real android device?
I have test it with HTC Magic, 320x480 screen

grCor

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am playing guitar (rhytm) and some piano/keyboard but currently not in a band. A long time ago, when I was younger, I did.

Yes, I can test it for you when you are ready. I have a Samsung i5800 and also an HTC HD2 where I am running (currently) an HTC Desire HD-build.

I'am playing at the left( behind the other guitarist) , keyboards and also solo guitar.

are you a guitarist?

Then maybe you willing to test my program if it is in final stage?
and let me hear what you think.

Do you have a real android device?
I have test it with HTC Magic, 320x480 screen

grCor

Cor

Licensed User
Longtime User
at: moster67

please leave you're mail address in my private mail

Then I will contact you about the program.

Thanks

grCor

karmacomposer

Licensed User
Longtime User
This thread just makes my day because my primary desire is to create music apps for android. I am a sample developer who has created several virtual instruments using synthedit. I have synthmaker and licensed other vsti engines for use with my samples.

Now, I would like to create specialized music apps for android utilizing my samples. I am hoping (and praying) that basic4android is the key to this since I have used Visual Basic 6 for many, many years.

I am also a php/mysql database programmer and see I can create android mysql apps. Awesome!

Just for clarification, will I be able to create various music apps/instruments like there are on iphone devices? I plan to create specifically for tablets, since I own a gtablet, but I also own an Evo, so I will create for both types.

Mike