Birdsong
birdsong_140x140.png

Crickets
cricket_140x140.png

These are very simple "background sound" apps... trial balloons,
you might say, while I learn the ropes. (I might note that all
three of these use the AdMob library.)

Much to my surprise and pleasure, these little apps are
doing reasonably well in Android Market.

Once again, many thanks to Erel et al for the superb job
done in creating the B4A tools for us!

All the best,

David
-----
David Sosnowski
The Music of David Sosnowski

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulation! I just installed your Angel Choir app :D
I like your Droiddd.com too, can you tell me how to make a cool mobile site like this?

etLux

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulation! I just installed your Angel Choir app :D
I like your Droiddd.com too, can you tell me how to make a cool mobile site like this?

Hello susu:

Thank you for the kind word!

I used the Deco Mobile Site Editor to create the mobile version
of Droiddd.com [note that if you go to that url in a standard
browser, you will not see the mobile version of the site]. The
product is available from...
Deco Mobile - Mobile Website Editor - Create Mobile Website for iPhone, iPad, Nexus One, and Android phones.

However! I wish I could give this product a good recommendation,
but I cannot. It has a number of problems, short-comings, and
inflexibilities. One particularly vexxing issue is that the emulator
chokes when I put JavaScript in the header. I've contacted support
variously, but all they do is say they're looking at the problem(s)...
and do nothing to correct them. At US$79 for a very simple and
admittedly flawed product with apparently unresponsive support,
beware.

Best,

David
-----
David Sosnowski

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your useful information about Deco Mobile :D

karmacomposer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice apps. Great characters, too. I really like how you are able to go back to the home page or apps, but the sounds are still playing. NICE!

Would you mind sharing some code? I would like to get started on my music projects, but I JUST started with basic4android - and it's a bit different than what I am programming right now (mysql/php databases) and somewhat unlike visual basic 6.

I am mostly looking, right now, to create a virtual channel strip - volume, pan, mute, solo, eq (and ADSR in the future). I would also like people to hear some of my music utilizing this. Now, the big question is how do I do all of that and how do I play looped samples and looped multisamples in android?

Any help or sharing is appreciated.

Mike

Last edited:

etLux

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice apps. Great characters, too.

Thanks, but credit where due, Mike. The cricket and the bird are from free clipart sites (OpenClipart.org etc.) -- though I recolored and edited them somewhat. The angel I just did a quick geometric thing in a graphics editor -- since I basically cannot draw to save my life.

I really like how you are able to go back to the home page or apps, but the sounds are still playing. NICE!

Once you start an instance of MediaPlayer it stays running until you kill the app. Erel explained that elsewhere; but I apologize, at the moment, I can't remember what thread that was.

Would you mind sharing some code?

I wouldn't mind, but I'd be doing you a disservice... lol! Mike, I'm probably more in the dark than you are. I started with the MediaPlayer example that Erel provides... and really did little more than gussy it up in a pretty package.

Trust me on this one. It's better you look at code from someone who knows what he's doing. I'd suggest you do a search on MediaPlayer in the forum.

I would like to get started on my music projects, but I JUST started with basic4android - and it's a bit different than what I am programming right now (mysql/php databases) and somewhat unlike visual basic 6.

As a fellow newcomer maybe three days ahead of you Mike -- and like you, with a lot of experience in other environments but not much in this one -- probably the most important thing you need to understand well is the life cycle... again, there's good material in the forum on this.

I am mostly looking, right now, to create a virtual channel strip - volume, pan, mute, solo, eq (and ADSR in the future). I would also like people to hear some of my music utilizing this. Now, the big question is how do I do all of that and how do I play looped samples and looped multisamples in android?

All that's way over my pay grade at the moment... rofl! But there's a good thread going on right now on audio, in general.

Any help or sharing is appreciated.

Mike

All the best,

David
-----
David Sosnowski

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi again,

To whitness how easy jQueryMobile is, please visit my first Android site which I put together today:

Requio Web Design Mobile

It is made of a single HTML file. With some simple CSS you can override many preset styles to customize to your liking.

Cheers