Anybody else notice Firebase / Google Play consoles being weird today?

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I released a staged (20%) update to one of my apps the other day, then halted it about 12 hours later (I found a bug). A few hours later I released another staged (20%) update & when I went back to look at it a few hours after that, it hadn't had any installs. I thought this was a bit strange, so I send a msg to developer support (haven't heard back yet) & upped the staged rollout to 50%. This seemed to "kick" it into action & away it went... Very early this morning (just after midnight) I increased the rollout to 100% & when I checked about 8am, everything was going well.

This afternoon (5+ hours ago) I released another update to the same app & it still isn't getting any installs. I initially staged it at 20% & then after about 3 hours of no action, I upped it to 30%. After still no action, I just upped it to 50%. At about the same time as I released the 20% rollout, I noticed that my Firebase Streamview stats took a dive. Normally during my day, the "users in the past 30 minutes" stream sits at around 500-600 for this particular app - but all of a sudden it dropped to about 70. Over the past few hours I've been keeping an eye on it & it's currently sitting ~100, but still very low.

One of my other apps that right now would normally be showing 200-300 users is showing 3!

At the same time my AdMob numbers don't seem to be dropping off.

There's obviously something going on here, but I can't find any system statuses from Google that indicate there's an issue. Anyone else seeing this?

- Colin.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that 200-300 users you see is that in firebase?

maybe all of their stats is being delayed? that's not the first time especially when they're updating their tools.

people will keep playing with the old version so I don't see a risk on admob droppings unless there's something wrong in those last updates.