Android Question Anyone interested in NFC writer and iBeacon library?

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Together with Tomas V. and David Young of Radius Networks I have sponsored two libraries: NFC writer and iBeacon for Android wrapper.

I'm looking to release these as donation ware just to cover the costs of development.

I have tested them and they work fine but support has slowed down a little because we all know Tomas is a very busy library developer :)

Both libraries are very usable and have no serious bugs. I am in the process of creating a few samples for these.

Reply on this post if you are interested. I think especially the iBeacon library together with some real beacons is cool stuff. I have been experimenting with Beacons from www.easibeacon.com and it all works fine.

For now i'm not planning to release the sourcecode but that could be something for later.

Hans Blaauw
ThingsTank.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn´t know beacon but i´m interested in NFC-writer library (if the donation is effordable; it´s just a hobby to work with NFC)
I´ll have a look at iBeacon later.

+1

How much the donation will be for this lib(s)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TOCC

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
that sounds very interesting to me.
A few days ago i wrote my own NFC writing routines, so no need for that ;-)
but the iBeacons sound very interesting, and most of all, fair priced.
I think I gonna order one for testing.
Then your library would be very useful ;-)

regards
Mirko

Upvote 0

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fair pricing? What do you have in mind?

I paid around EUR 500 for both libraries so before I decide to release them I need a few people to be prepared to pay something. If there is not enough demand I will not release them for now.

Upvote 0

TOCC

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fair pricing? What do you have in mind?
With 'fair priced' i did not mean your library but the iBeacons. 20 Euro or less for an iBeacon seems to be OK to me. Most i have seen until now are near 50 Euro or even more.

Upvote 0

wexican

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Hans,

I'm interested in both NFC writer & iBeacon libraries, I've just ordered a pack of iBeacons to test.
Can you give us an indication of the price of the libraries please.

Thanks,

Tom

Upvote 0

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I think it will work because it is a wrapper around the Android library of Radius :) We actually talked to David Young of Radius about this.

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Together with Tomas V. and David Young of Radius Networks I have sponsored two libraries: NFC writer and iBeacon for Android wrapper.

I'm looking to release these as donation ware just to cover the costs of development.

I have tested them and they work fine but support has slowed down a little because we all know Tomas is a very busy library developer :)

Both libraries are very usable and have no serious bugs. I am in the process of creating a few samples for these.

Reply on this post if you are interested. I think especially the iBeacon library together with some real beacons is cool stuff. I have been experimenting with Beacons from www.easibeacon.com and it all works fine.

For now i'm not planning to release the sourcecode but that could be something for later.

Hans Blaauw
ThingsTank.

I am interested in using iBeacon for Android, can I buy a copy of the lib ?

Regards

John.

Upvote 0

foakgul

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi bluedude!

I'd be interested in iBeacon library for B4A.

Question: Can you get the following with this library:

-UUID
-Major
-Minor
-RSSI
-Distance
-TX power
-Descriptor

my email: [email protected]

Thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0