B4A Library App downloaded from Google Play or Amazon Lib

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
so if you get that your app was installed from the store OR that package name does not exist then you will get returned a FALSE boolean and you dont want to make any action, correct?

I do want to take action. If package is not available then I want to alert user to install it and exit the app until it is installed.

I was logging each one of those package names using For/Next statement with debugger on and painfully took 8 logs per seconds. Something strange was happening in Debug and Release mode. I need to look into this further.

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User

After further investigation, the library is causing an issue with reading the list. It is logging at 1 per second with the following codes
B4X:
             For x = 0 To check.GetInstalledPeckageList.Size  - 1    'way to long
            Log(check.GetInstalledPeckageList.Get(x))
        Next

The solution is create a new list and transfer the library list.
B4X:
             Dim l As List
        l.Initialize
        l.AddAll(check.GetInstalledPeckageList)

For x = 0 To l.Size  - 1
            Log(l.Get(x))
        Next

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

i don't get such behavior, working fine when i use GetInstalledPeckageList.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi @ilan,

I noticed that when an app is cloned with app app-cloner, your library is no longer working.

Probably now must also still be examined whether this app is installed.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @ilan,

I noticed that when an app is cloned with app app-cloner, your library is no longer working.

Probably now must also still be examined whether this app is installed.

i really dont understand why google let such apps be available in the store.
so why create apps for sale? you can buy an app, clone it, and delete the original. then you get a refund and keep using the cloned one.

really awesome!

after you remove the original do you still get the the app was purchased from the store?

btw i came to a conclusion long time ago that the best way and secure way to create app is using Free Apps with inAppPurchasing and not create a lite version and a full version separately. so now i try to do that and no more full apps!

D

Deleted member 103

after you remove the original do you still get the the app was purchased from the store?
I have not tried, but as now is, is shit enough.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…