App for Android and IOS required

tmf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please contact me with details of your experience.

This is an app that controls a remote piece of hardware that is a specialized LED lighting device.

The device will send to the app a "file" that will outline what it expects the UI to be.... similar in nature to HTML, but simpler, its the look and feel of the interface that needs to set it apart, currently I have an HTML version done and its OK, but needs more "WOW" http://themindfactory.com/bass/page1.html

A lot of the functionality is missing as you need to be connected to the device.

Let me know what you think.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since one of the tabs/sections is "Text" that allows you to enter text, I'm guessing that the text will be displayed on a LED sign/display.

So, I do have a lot of experience with LED signs and their protocols (Cpower, Translux, Glare, AMS, Optec, etc), but I am curious when you say that a "file" is send from the device to the app to describe the UI.

Obviously, I am familiar with routers and ipcam devices providing a "portal" that a browser can log into them to adjust their settings, etc. But you seem to be describing something different.

So I have some questions:

1) Does the "file" just dictate the UI elements and the app needs to figure out their layout/position?

2) Are you basically looking for an app that will display the UI elements in a very eye candy fashion to impress the user?

3) When the user interacts with a UI element, how and when is that action sent to the device?

-John

Last edited:

tmf

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) Does the "file" just dictate the UI elements and the app needs to figure out their layout/position?

2) Are you basically looking for an app that will display the UI elements in a very eye candy fashion to impress the user?

3) When the user interacts with a UI element, how and when is that action sent to the device?

-John

Sort of an LED sign :) its a led panel that reacts to the bass in music....

Well its sort of a portal to configure....

1. The file would tell the UI to display a slider, then a text box, then a check box and put it in a "pulldown panel"
You can see it also embedded panels in panels from the example.

2. Yes eye candy is the requirement! :)

3. Communications can be websockets/UDP/Bluetooth... its variable, its a very simple protocol, its the UI where the work is.

Richard.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Programmers and Graphic Designers use different parts of the brain, but sometimes one person has talent in both.

A Graphic designer can easily create a bunch of different designs for you to choose from so you can pick the one that has the visual "wow" factor you are looking for.

I can definitely take care of the programming side of this project, but I unfortunately do not have enough of the visually creative talent that I think this project would require.

tmf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have ideas on the look, its very much like the online sample you saw but with more "dynamic" presentation.

Panels would still be the main design, when you swiped on a panel it would expand to show the controls.

Things like color sliders once your finger held them would expand larger and allow for color (x axis) and brightness (y axis) to be picked, once picked, would shrink back down.

The switches would animate similar to the sample.

Text boxes are pretty much text boxes....

Nothing too crazy :)

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just sent you a private message.

Noah J

Hello
Greetings,

I have gone through your requirements and would be more than happy to assist you in this as I have experience in this domain.
Kindly reach out to me at [email protected] or add me over Skype at live:noah_3861.

Looking forward.

Warm regards,
Noah J