App for biomedical study

U

Unregistered

I need to develop an app for a biomedical study. Essentially I need an electronic version of the paper-based questionnaire, which has over 200 questions divided into about 14 sections. The app would require drop-down menus, radioboxes, and textboxes, with built-in checks for internal validity of responses to the questions. This is a long-term project that would require significant field-testing and 2+ years of support. Please respond if interested.

yttrium

Licensed User
Longtime User

Sonny

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just my 2 cents,

but, this sounds like something that might work well as a browser app; ala JavaScript, etc. - unless you have a specific need for it to be an APK instead.

Just curious. :)

barium5657

Just my 2 cents,

but, this sounds like something that might work well as a browser app; ala JavaScript, etc. - unless you have a specific need for it to be an APK instead.

Just curious. :)
In this case, I want to develop an app for use in a developing country without consistent internet access and no wireless. The app should be designed for a 10-inch Android tablet, which would allow us to conduct the questionnaire electronically and save the responses in a CSV file, which can be transferred to a computer via USB.

Sonny

Licensed User
Longtime User
In this case, I want to develop an app for use in a developing country without consistent internet access and no wireless. The app should be designed for a 10-inch Android tablet, which would allow us to conduct the questionnaire electronically and save the responses in a CSV file, which can be transferred to a computer via USB.

We can talk more. Send me a private message, if you're still looking for a developer.

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This sounds rather trivial on the surface.

1. Several forms or tab pages for the 14 (or more) sections.
2. Configuration manager for lists and such.
3. Various methods for data transfer (copy exported CSV to SD or USB, attachment to email, send to BOX or other cloud storage, etc.).
4. Design for larger form factors (6 - 13 inch tablets, portrait or landscape)
5. SQLite for device data storage.
6. Minimize typed input, auto add typed responses to lists for future use, if desired.

PM me with more info of your design if you like.

Thanks

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have not heard anything on this.
Email getting through?

rossati

Licensed User
Longtime User
A form generator

Hello

I have developed a form generator, maybe it can be useful for you o someone else.

Attached:
formgen.zip the project
Basic4AndroidFormGen.zip documentation

John Rossati

Attachments

• formgen.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Basic4AndroidFormGen.zip
    245.7 KB · Views: 223

drj

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I have many years experience in programming educational testing software and have developed and published over 15 Basic4Android apps , 20 apps on Windows 8 and 15 apps on Windows 7 , and 40 apps on the IPad. I have been programming VB since it was first developed. I would be interested in working with you to develop you app. Email me at [email protected].