iOS Question App icon doesn't appear on iPad [Solved]

igodese

Licensed User
Hi all.

I just finished my new App, compiled with Target: iPhone (only).

I tested it on many devices using the (great) OTA service available with the remote builder and all was OK. At the end of all tests, I also tried to install the App on an iPad, in order to check the compatibility mode.

The App worked fine, but the icon wasn't installed. In place of the App's icon there is a white space with concentric circles. I tried to compile the App again with Target: iPhone, iPad and in this case the icon was installed, but the appearance of the pages is different (this time the App runs in true iPad mode, not in compatibility mode).

What am I doing wrong ? I don't want to publish my App for iPad.

About the graphic resources, I placed the standard icon-store-1024.png (24bits) in the folder Files/Special and all the sub-icons were automatically generated in the folder \Objects\src\Images.xcassets.

Any help will be welcome, thanks.

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't tell you what the icon problem is but I can give you a word of warning on another aspect though.

Apple recently changed their App stores and combined iPhone and iPad into one - so - unfortunately you will need to publish (and make compatible) for iPad or they will reject your app.

On the Icon issue - try deleting the app on the iPad, then clean your project, then re-compile to the iPad and see if that helps.

Enjoy !!

Upvote 0

igodese

Licensed User
Last edited:
Upvote 0