App on galaxy s11 , os 4.04 gives errors on S3

llama

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys We have completed our first app , We have been developing apps for iPhone and iPad so android was our Next target and we have built and compiled it usng api level 15 of the, SDK and it runs fine on a galaxy S11 running Android 4.04 and no issues, when we compile and run on a Samsung
Galaxy S3 with Android 4.04 it works but then throws an error after 1 or 2 clicks,*"Error in Sub, you must initialise ImageView before using object" all views have been put together in designer, so do not need to be initialised in the code. And we are declaring variables when we reference using the name.

I guess my question is what would cause this as they both have the same OS, and on the Galaxy*S2 we do not get errors it runs fine. The libraries we are using are
Reflection
Scroll2D
String Utils
SQL
RandomAccessFile
Dialogs and Core

I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on this from your experience as a community, Appreciate any insight into this.. If some one has a galaxy s3 and wants the source code to check logs happy to do this also to pay for someone's time to do this...but I guess I will leave this to you guys

Best
And thanks

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there two different variants for the two devices built with the designer? A second question, with an obvious answer, but who knows: Is this particular imageView used in both cases?

Upvote 0

llama

Licensed User
Longtime User
S3issue

Hi thank you for your response, we sent the .apk file to a friend on their s3 and it loads then a few clicks in pulls the error.

1) answer: there is not two different variants in designer they both use the new Autoscale in 2.2

My amazement is we checked the version on the galaxys2 and galaxy s3 both using android 4.04.. Galaxy s2 s fine app runs great know errors , but like I said it trips the error on Samsung galaxy s3. The s3 I don't have as we sent .apk file to customer on his s3 an he reported this error.. I do think it's something in our code! I perhaps need to give the app to someone who has s3 and who is on this forum just to check for us,...

Appreciate your time in replying

Thank

Upvote 0