Android Question Assistance required on connecting to an external SQLLITE data-store

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am a newcomer to B4A.

I have an application which accesses data from an SQLLITE Data store. Presently the database is part of the APK (which is
automatically created by the B4A Gui) is fully accessible. The application is running fine.

I have the following doubts:

1) Where exactly is the .db sqllite Datafile stored on my Mobile ? Is it inside the APK file or it is 'extracted' on the run during code execution and copied to some folder ?

2) I have a 'local internal lan' [which does not have any wireless feature] and have a 'regularly updatable' SQLLITE Database on
one of the machines.

I need to give a feature in my mobile application for :

2a) copying this 'periodically updated' EXTERNAL database via 'ftp' or some type of connectivity feature onto 'the local mobile data store' directory.

2b) Fire a particular query and 'append' the resultant output to certain tables in my SQLLITE database (i.e. perform 'incremental updation' instead of entire database overwriting).

2c) Directly query the EXTERNAL DATABASE from the mobile app, assuming

2c i) Wireless connectivity between the EXTERNAL DATABASE and the mobile application exists.

2c ii) there is no wireless connectivity but a USB chord can be used to connect the mobile application with the PC housing the EXTERNAL database.

Request help on how to get started on 2a), 2b),2c) i) and 2c) ii).

Thanks

ronell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
1) Where exactly is the .db sqllite Datafile stored on my Mobile ? Is it inside the APK file or it is 'extracted' on the run during code execution and copied to some folder ?
depends? on where you save the .db file either

B4X:
file.dirInternal
or
file.dirRootExternal
or
file.dirDefaultExternal

Upvote 0