Android Question Audio Files x Whatsapp x MP3

adriano.freitas

Hi!
Based on examples posted on the forum, one of my applications uses AudioStreamer to record sound, saving it using OutputStream (in the example there are functions like StartWaveFile, CloseWavaFile, etc). The only change I made to the examples is to reduce the Sample rate from 44100 to 11025 so that the files are smaller. Everything works perfect and the generated audios are played normally, however, when I share the audio on whatsapp, a part of it is cut off. It is not complete. Does anyone have an idea how to solve it? Is there any way to make the audio even smaller by converting it to another format? I searched here on the forum for solutions to convert to mp3, but the ones I found more objectively are no longer working...
Thanks

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Using the 44100 rate, do you can share the complete audio on WhatsApp?

Put a small project here that's show this behavior.

Upvote 0

adriano.freitas

Using the 44100 rate, do you can share the complete audio on WhatsApp?

Put a small project here that's show this behavior.

Hi! Thank you for your attention and I apologize for the delay in responding. I have been sick and have been away from my activities for the last few days. I tested it using 44100 and when the audio was sent by whatsapp, the cut also occurs, which leads me to believe that the file recording suggested in: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...5-new-audiostreamer-object.30550/#post-177599 by Erel has some problem. If you have any suggestions that would help me, I'd appreciate it. Likewise, having large audio files is not good, but I can't find anything practical for converting recorded audio to MP3 or other smaller format. I would also really appreciate it if you know.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hope you are well now.
The problem with WAV file and WhatsApp was discussed here:
The solution is convert the WAV file to MP3.

Maybe you can check with this (paid) library:

Upvote 0