Android Question Auto complete edit text doubt

In this following project. I have label named 'Account Name' And a Panel that contains Two label(one label is "Arrow Symbol" ).When I click arrow label then it opens a panel containing b4xtable. When I cellclick a row of b4x table, then the selected accountname is displayed in one of the label inside the panel which is mentioned above(inside the panel) and selected accountnamepk is assigned in a variable. But Now i want to change the procedure. I like to add accountnames as set items in autocomplete edit text(where user can search using keywords). But I also have to assign the selected accountname's Pk Value in a variable when user clicks the item that listed in auto complete edit text. Any Possible way to do this?

Attachments

• sample searchview.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 36
I sent you a PM with a full project using B4XSearchTemplate, not autocomple editetxt.. It was PM possibly because of your sensitive data.
Hi @Mahares I am using the b4xsearch template as you suggested to me but it displays only the first 100 items But I can search using the letters of other items(This also not working properly). But I want to display all the items. Is there any way to overcome this?

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it displays only the first 100 items
But I want to display all the items. Is there any way to overcome this?
I have some good news for you. I looked at Erel's code in B4XSearchTemplate class module and MaxNumberOfItemsToShow is public, so you can change it in your application without having to modify the XUI Views library. All you need to do is add a line like this in your app:
SearchTemplate.MaxNumberOfItemsToShow = 1000
Note I made it 1000, but you can put something else. But also remember that the higher you make the number, the slower the list loads up. I would not make it much more than that. You can still of course find your items at the bottom of the list by typing more characters to drill down on the items. I do not see a need for you and do not recommend for you to load all 10000 records you say you have in your list.

Upvote 0
I have some good news for you. I looked at Erel's code in B4XSearchTemplate class module and MaxNumberOfItemsToShow is public, so you can change it in your application without having to modify the XUI Views library. All you need to do is add a line like this in your app:
SearchTemplate.MaxNumberOfItemsToShow = 1000
Note I made it 1000, but you can put something else. But also remember that the higher you make the number, the slower the list loads up. I would not make it much more than that. You can still of course find your items at the bottom of the list by typing more characters to drill down on the items. I do not see a need for you and do not recommend for you to load all 10000 records you say you have in your list.
Yeah thanks @Mahares. Sure I will try this.

Upvote 0