autoscrollable panel

Henry

Licensed User
Hi everyone

I wanted to make "autoscrollable panel" - to move it left-right on button click. Form width is 240, panel width 480, I want to show left or right part of it with a nice animation between. It works slow on ppc (refresh of controls takes too long). Any chance to make this move more smooth?

B4X:
For i=-10 To -240 Step -20 
    Panel1.Left=i
    Sleep(50)
    Panel1.Refresh 
 Next
 Panel1.Left=-240

Henry

Licensed User
It's ok for me - now I'm only testing and start more serious programing in next year - then new version should be ready, beacause I see that Erel is by heart involved in developing new versions.

Henry

Licensed User
Without Refresh there is no effect of move on my ppc (on desktop it works fine) - just switch between left and right (strange - panel is automatically redrawn after animation and not during it)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I personally would go with two timers, one for each directio, assuming just left or right, or 4 if up and down were required!!!....Redraw inside the timer automaticaly refreshes the screen(?)....Th eonly prob I ever encoutered were when usin more than 1 timer simultaneously, the timer ticks are not very accurate!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…