B4A Academy

Pete_S

Licensed User
Does anyone offer in-person training for B4A?

Over the years I've built many VB6 applications and it would be fun to partner with someone who could teach me how to convert them.

Kwame Twum

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would've loved to help... though not in person

Pete_S

Licensed User
Unfortunately, I want to work with someone more directly. I'm a US citizen with the ability to travel for a 2 month time period, maybe more. Also interested in B4i but B4A seems more established.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you're a decent programmer, especially with VB6 skills, it should be easy to pick up B4A, or any of the other versions, without assistance. Follow the beginners guide and you'll have written your first program within an hour or less.

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Teamviewer and Skype works well. It's like "being there" - from anywhere. Love to meet you in New Zealand (on one of many trout streams), if you could get me there (currently in BC, Canada - sucking in smoke from all the wildfires burning).
You are right - Android (B4A) offers easy development for mobile. However, B4X (A,J,R,i) share all the same VB6 coding style. You can easily build web server apps to connect your B4A apps... VB6 desktop (or client / server) to hosted web (browser) is not a big stretch - just different - and these days - a WHOLE lot easier (with tools, libs and frameworks from B4X and community).

Hope this inspires you, cause you are already looking in the right place.

PM me with some brief examples of what you intend.