Android Question B4A app for Wear

Dave G

Licensed User
I've developed an app for B4X (android/iOS) that i'm ready to publish. Works and looks great on phone and tablets. Not useful on Wear, so I redeveloped it with Wear watch in mind. I can compile and debug/release it to a TicWatch E2 without problem. The project does not reference any wear libs, just vanilla B4A (ScrollView, ListView, etc). It runs nicely on watch, phone, and tablet! Does anyone know if I can publish it for Wear without including Wear libs? I can install and run it using ADB on the watch so I'm thinking I should be able to publish, but not sure how Google Play will represent it relative to Wear. Btw, it does not have a companion handheld app since it's standalone.

So, I would also like feedback from anyone that has an Android Wear device to see if they can install and review it.

Thanks

Dave G

Licensed User
It's a bit complicated. If you haven't connected your watch to a PC for development it's many steps and may not be worth your time.

Upvote 0

Dave G

Licensed User
BTW, there are excellent tutorials on B4A Forum as to how to setup a watch for development. Here are few things I recall doing;

On watch:
-go to Settings -> System -> Info -> click 10 times on "Build Number"
-after that you are a Developer
-go to Settings -> Developer Options -> enable "ADB debugging" and/or "Debug over Blutetooth"

At this point the watch should be seen by your PC.

My watch has a USB dock for charging and also installation using ADB (or B4A if you have source code).

Next step is to 'install' the app on the watch.

Open a console window and navigate to ADB directory e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

Copy the .apk to that directory

In the console window type adb install (name of apk).

It should say that it was installed

On watch you should set Winch Calc Watch as an app

Upvote 0