B4A-Bridge problem

duneplodder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I connect to my devices using the wireless B4A-Bridge. For most applications it works well.
I have a larger application which I have a problem with. It installs fine on my Wildfire phone and the first time I install it on my HTC Flyer it is also fine. However the second time, after I click on the "Install " button, the device crashes & does a soft reset. This happens consistently.

If I "Force Close" B4A-Bridge on the device then restart, it works.

Not a big problem, as I have a workaround, but has anyone had similar problems or have a suggestion?
Regards,
Robert

duneplodder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Presumably noone else has this problem. I'm also finding that it happens with another smaller project.

I make sure that b4a-Bridge is running before anything else, & as I said, the first time through there is absolutely no problem.

Any other HTC Flyer users?
Any suggestions anyone?

Thank you.
Robert

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some devices I need to remove/uninstall the installed app first, before I compile/install the new app over the bridge

I noticed if I have multiple b4a projects opened (at the same time) and attached to the bridge things go weird too

duneplodder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some devices I need to remove/uninstall the installed app first, before I compile/install the new app over the bridge

I noticed if I have multiple b4a projects opened (at the same time) and attached to the bridge things go weird too

Thanks vb1992. I don't think I've actually done a full uninstall of the apps, should have thought of that. I'll try it & let you know.

duneplodder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Uninstalling didn't seem to help, but I decided to have a look at the unfiltered log to see if there was any clue about what is going on. However with logging connected it didn't crash.
In fact it seems to have cured the problem because it's now OK (fingers crossed) even if I don't log.
Don't understand, but I'm happy!