Android Question b4x bridge problems

yeroen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Whats the matter with the bridge? Sometimes it works, sometimes it not works. It cost a lot of time.
I use now BlueStack as an emulator on Windows. Works good but i still dont understand.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are talking about B4A-bridge which connect to your B4A through Wireless network then 2 possibilities I can think of are
1. Your network is not stable
2. You have another project opened and connected to the bridge

Upvote 0

Waldemar Lima

Licensed User
Whats the matter with the bridge? Sometimes it works, sometimes it not works. It cost a lot of time.
I use now BlueStack as an emulator on Windows. Works good but i still dont understand.

it could be 2 problems > or some feature on your phone is not coherent, or your network (router) does not offer good support.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been having some issues too...
If I start B4Bridge and start wifi listening
before I open/start the IDE I get unstable connections... meaning that it connects fine, for a bit, and the in the middle if a compile, it loses connection and fails installing... and then reconnects itself...
Then it may go 1 or even 2 hours without losing connection again... until it starts misbehaving again...
But I've only seen this behavior with my S20 phone, running Android 12... on my XCover4, running Android 11 I don't recall having this unstable connection

Upvote 0

yeroen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been having some issues too...
If I start B4Bridge and start wifi listening
before I open/start the IDE I get unstable connections... meaning that it connects fine, for a bit, and the in the middle if a compile, it loses connection and fails installing... and then reconnects itself...
Then it may go 1 or even 2 hours without losing connection again... until it starts misbehaving again...
But I've only seen this behavior with my S20 phone, running Android 12... on my XCover4, running Android 11 I don't recall having this unstable connection
This is exactly the problem i have. I did not have before. I use now Oppo phone and Samsung phone, latest version of B4A and Bridge.
It seems that the problem started after my provider (KPN Holland) adjusted the network and provided me with a new router.

Last edited:
Upvote 0