Android Question b4a do not handle multiple private keys

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I created a new app and uploaded it to Google Play by creating a new private signing key suitable for a bundle.
I then tried to update an old app and had to delete it from my device to be able to install it with the new key.
When I try to upload that to Google Play it refuses it because b4a now uses the new key.
Tried wth the old key still refused.
Followed the extract instructions Google now give using the pep file but when I uploaded the extract I got: The private key was not properly encrypted, or is not a type of key we support
(btw the ajava version used by b4a (1.8) didn't work, had to go to sdk19.)
The instructions in post 91703 are confusing because it don't specify what parts of the commands should be replaced with own specific files and keys and what is the same for all keystores created using b4a.

Is there a newer post with instructions for what to do with Google Play as it is now after the option of signing the old way has gone and b4a now has a Build App Bundle menu item.
Do I extract the file from the original keystore that I used before Bundle or from the new keystore that works with Bundle.
Is there a way to use the same private signing key for all apps, as before, since these details are stored with the b4a program and not with the app one is working on.

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved.
Extracted the key from the original signkey i created with b4a in 2012, using the command Google Play suggested.
It uploaded and then I could change the upload key to the one I had used for the new app appearantly using the same cert.
{Bit of a confusion there because I thought I had used a new keystore for the new app but I can't have because the SHA1 didn't match. Hadn't realised before that the view in b4a Private Sign Key expanded to show the details of the key.)
Unsure if the last step was needed since its the same keystore all along, but uploading the app bundle works now for the older app i had up to now uploaded the apk to.

Upvote 0