Wish B4A IDE Multi-monitor setup

Dadeda

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a developer and as most i use several monitors, would it be possible to make a ide with the possibility to spread the ide to various monitors like visual studio? it would be amazing for devs.

Robert Grimmett

Licensed User
Longtime User
Im in agreement on this one.. When Im developing, i use a multi-monitor setup for dbase viewing as well as web interfacing, but the ability to seperate the logs, as well as possibly opening a second window of the same code maybe in read only so i can refer to something at the top of the program for farther down.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Won't multiple instances have the potential to mess up? Say, for example, that you make one change in instance 1 and save, make another change in instance two, then save instance 2. The save will overwrite instance 1's change. Also, instance 2 will not see the change made in instance 1 until a reload.

Right?

Robert Grimmett

Licensed User
Longtime User
Won't multiple instances have the potential to mess up? Say, for example, that you make one change in instance 1 and save, make another change in instance two, then save instance 2. The save will overwrite instance 1's change. Also, instance 2 will not see the change made in instance 1 until a reload.

Right?
That is correct, however when I am doing that, Im usually pulling code from another program that ive written ( I am still building my "quickcode" database for the stuff that i reuse alot. but if your using it to look at data from the top to work in the bottom, then you would just need to make sure that you only do your writes to the primary instance. I know that if you try to connect both to the phone at the same time it will give you one hell of a screaming log file.. lol.. until they make the changes we requested, this is one of the few ways that you can work with it. if your working on modules, in theory, you could load just that module in the other instance. Ive done alot of coding in cold fusion using homesite(yes I'm OLD.. lol ) and had to come up with creative ideas on how to work with long programs having to refer to multiple pages/code segments at the same time. funny enough.. it seems that the larger IDE developers have yet to hear our cries of anguish when it comes to this issue. My hope is that Erol will make this wonderfully useful addition to the b4a IDE.. :) hint hint..