Android Question B4A jMQTT version: why not latest version?

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have seen in jMQTT Erel's original post that only the B4J version is updated to the latest 1.25 while the B4A is not updated.
I am struggling from years with an error from the Google console on my app saying:

NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsTokenStore.quiesce(org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttException)' on a null object reference

which I have never been not able to reproduce and which I seriously doubt it has to to do with the code. I am more and more convinced that it has to be some kind of internal library hidden issue that I really hope it got fixed by the 1.25 version. for example in version 1.2 rel notes they fixed something which looks quite similar...

Is there a reason why the B4A lib cannot be updated to the latest ?
thanks for your help.

Last edited:

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand and in general that is a great library. it is also true that for sure that NPE is triggered my my code but the console does not help as this is all it shows.

Exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsTokenStore.quiesce(org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttException)' on a null object reference
at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms.shutdownConnection (ClientComms.java:310)
at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms$ConnectBG.run (ClientComms.java:608)
at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:764)

which to me looks all internal to the libray.

plus the signature which is "CommsTokenStore.quiesce" matches perfectly with the bug fixed in the 1.2 rel.

Anyway...I don't want to be a pain in the....so I will just live with this bug. it's not the end of the world.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wonder what makes it not compatible with Android? It does concern me because I use MQTT daily for all my apps, I heavily rely on it.

The original repo is dead for android but it got forked over here :

They have a compiled AAR file, but i have zero idea how to write a library/wrapper for that.

Theres also the HiveMQ Android library that could be used as well but idk how drastic of a change that would be considering the former is still based on paho.

Last edited:
Upvote 0