Android Question B4A-V5 problem

William Hunter

Active Member
Licensed User
I'm having a problem with B4A-V5. When compiling using “Compile & Run (background)”, I get the error message “An error occurred. No device found.”. This has only started to occur since updating the JDK from jdk1.7.0_76 to jdk1.8.0_45. I have tried reinstalling B4A, but this doesn't resolve the issue. Are there any suggestions? :(

Best Regards

Edit: Further investigation indicates that the compile is completed to a working APK. The error message has no bearing on the outcome. Perhaps it's just that the message on completion is quite different to what was displayed previously. Duh! :oops:
 
Last edited:

William Hunter

Active Member
Licensed User
I'm having a problem with B4A-V5. When compiling using “Compile & Run (background)”, I get the error message “An error occurred. No device found.”. This has only started to occur since updating the JDK from jdk1.7.0_76 to jdk1.8.0_45. I have tried reinstalling B4A, but this doesn't resolve the issue. Are there any suggestions? :(

Best Regards

Edit: Further investigation indicates that the compile is completed to a working APK. The error message has no bearing on the outcome. Disregard my comment re the updating of the JDK, as this in the end has no bearing. Perhaps it's just that the message on completion is visually different to what was displayed previously, while adding to my confusion is a message in the bottom message bar stating "Compilation failed". Duh! :oops:
 

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
check with the adb tool if it sees any devices. I doubt the problem is B4A.

adb devices

if I recall right.
 

William Hunter

Active Member
Licensed User
check with the adb tool if it sees any devices. I doubt the problem is B4A.

adb devices

if I recall right.
Thank you for your reply. I think I may not have been clear in my explanation of the problem. When I compile using “Compile & Run (background)” (no device attached), I get two error messages. In a mid screen message box there is “An error occurred. No device found.”, and in the bottom message bar there is "Compilation failed".

These messages lead me to believe that the compilation had failed, when in fact it had not. It wasn't until I saw the time change on the APK, after compiling, that I suspected the “Compilation failed” error message was likely just a simple glitch in B4A. I then deleted the APK and compiled again, at which time the APK was successfully completed. On installing the APK to a devise all was well. This is no biggie, as long as one is aware of it.

Best regards :)
 
Top