iOS Question B4i Bridge compiling and building setup steps recap - Help

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I am now ready to start compiling and debugging my first iOS app. So I wanted to verify the steps explicitly to ensure I do it smart and least frustrating. I know you answered this type of question so many times but for me it's new so I thank you in advance for your patience.

1) Create a project and define the path for the keys and certificates
2) Create a Private key and corresponding cert
3) Enroll as Apple iOS developer for 1yr
4) Create an Apple cert using the private cert created in step 2
5) Register on apple website at least one apple device using the UUID
6) Create unique Apple identifier with .* at the end in my case was com.progwhiz.*
7) Create a Provisioning Profile using info registered in Apple developer portal

The later created the follwoing file 'ProgwhiziOS.mobileprovision' and my Apple ID was labelled as
App ID:p4Z2VD5ESH.com.progwhiz.*

Now my questions are:

1) Do I now insert P4Z2VD5ESH.com.progwhiz.* as my package name under the build configuration menu option in B4i? If so it won't take the wildcard. Please state what part of the Apple ID is required for that step.
2) After I enter the Apple iPhone IP then I build the B4i Bridge and follow the steps I should eb fine I hope :)

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
The wildcard is what ALL of your app ID's will start with. Most developers use the format: com.developer.app, so for example GMail might be: com.google.gmail

So for this particular app you would enter in B4i your complete app ID, not the wildcard: P4Z2VD5ESH.com.progwhiz.yourapp

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh that is most logical. Now I got the logic thanx buddy.

I will now try a build and see if the hosted builder works as expected. Mind you the only credentials and info for the hosted builder is a username. Is that the only settings input I am to provide?

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
It worked like a charm. Only thing was I had to leave out the prefix included. Least now I am closer yo debugging my app which I ported from b4a and compiling logic in my head only for 2wks lol.

Ok I got the webpage on the device with install button I click it and it says install or cancel. I click install and nothing happens. What shall I do or check. The uuid is there etc

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok my non Apple savvy is my fault it did install just apple didnt close the install page or say finished. So now I click on b4i bridge shortcut it opens blank and I execute compile & run and get some nice compiler implict issues to fix lol. Least now on the road to a proper syntax code

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok compiled good now just some wrapper logic issues caused a crash.

So my compile and debug status is functional.

Thanx again

Upvote 0