iOS Code Snippet B4i Screenshots resizer

Hi,

I have managed to upload my first B4i App (still under Review, i hope soon it will be approved by apple and i will share the App Store link)

What i wanted to share with you is, while setting up my App in Itunes Connect i had to put at least 1 Screenshot for every Screensize (3.5" - 4" - 4.7" - 5.5" - ipad)

it took me a while to resize 5 images for 5 screensizes (no transparency allowed!!) so i decided to make a small App that will do it automaticly and wanted to share it here for FREE.

It's very simple to use just load 5 images (Landscape or Portrait) and click save, the app will resize it to all screensize's and save it to seperate Folders...

Have fun and Good luck to all comunity with B4i developing :)

EDIT: 19/01/2015 i have uploaded a new file after fixing a bug reported by filippo...

EDIT: 21/02/2015 Fillippo and MikeH request added + icon(logo) resizer (for Store 1024*1024 and all 4 icons for the app 76*2,60*2,76,60)

EDIT: 30/10/2015 Version 1.2 will also create ipad pro screenshots (2048 x 2732)

Attachments

• B4i Resizer.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 874
  • B4i ResizerV12.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,022
Last edited:

Allan Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have managed to upload my first B4i App (still under Review, i hope soon it will be approved by apple and i will share the App Store link)

What i wanted to share with you is, while setting up my App in Itunes Connect i had to put at least 1 Screenshot for every Screensize (3.5" - 4" - 4.7" - 5.5" - ipad)

it took me a while to resize 5 images for 5 screensizes (no transparency allowed!!) so i decided to make a small App that will do it automaticly and wanted to share it here for FREE.

It's very simple to use just load 5 images (Landscape or Portrait) and click save, the app will resize it to all screensize's and save it to seperate Folders...

Have fun and Good luck to all comunity with B4i developing :)
Nice work -- thanks

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks ... this was a PIA to do in Ps before your app :)!!

D

Deleted member 103

Thanks for the tool.:)

Do I have a wish for free?;)
If so, the PNG file please do not place them in different folders but all in the same folder, and the file name for example: img1_ipad.png, img1_5.5png, ...

D

Deleted member 103

and "... \B4i Image resizer\images\converted\landscape\ipad" the picture is not as horizontal format saved, it is as vertical format saved.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and "... \B4i Image resizer\images\converted\landscape\ipad" the picture is not as horizontal format saved, it is as vertical format saved.

you are right, i have just fixed it and uploaded the new file on the first post...

D

Deleted member 103

Thank you ilan, now is ok.

That you have but forgotten.
Do I have a wish for free?;)
If so, the PNG file please do not place them in different folders but all in the same folder, and the file name for example: img1_ipad.png, img1_5.5png, ...

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you but how does it work. I obtain error message (see uploaded file): "Unhandled exception has occured in your application...."

Attachments

• resize.png
    resize.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 709

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you but how does it work. I obtain error message (see uploaded file): "Unhandled exception has occured in your application...."

maybe its because you are running it from c:\programm files... and for that you will need admin rights (that will allow you to delete files...), you better copy the directory to your desktop and try to run the exe file from there!

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Exactly. Now, in another directory it works. Thank you and sorry.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Ilan, this will save a lot of time :)

I would also like to see Filippo suggestion of naming the files rather than place them in separate folders.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Ilan, this will save a lot of time :)

I would also like to see Filippo suggestion of naming the files rather than place them in separate folders.

you want to name the files and put them in one folder??

Last edited:

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
you want to name the files and put the in one folder??

Yes please, I'd like your app to do it.

Could you add icon resizing too?