B4R Question B4R and arduino MKR1010 no libraries working

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I wanted to start a new project transmitting data between an arduino and an android device using BLE or wifi. I got myself an arduino mkr1010wifi because I thought it could be good. Now I tried to rebuild some examples like this:

but I get an error while compiling about the softwareserial.h library "no such file or directory".

I can upload an empty code, so generally the connection works.

Possibly the libraries don`t work on the mkr? So do I have to use the arduino IDE for creating the sketch?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I wanted to start a new project transmitting data between an arduino and an android device using BLE or wifi. I got myself an arduino mkr1010wifi because I thought it could be good. Now I tried to rebuild some examples like this:

but I get an error while compiling about the softwareserial.h library "no such file or directory".

I can upload an empty code, so generally the connection works.

Possibly the libraries don`t work on the mkr? So do I have to use the arduino IDE for creating the sketch?

If you have OneDrive or another cloud storage that has the option to keep the files only on-line and in your computer on demand, then make it having all the files available in your computer permenantly. That is one option why this must be happening. The other is to google it because it might depend on different reasons which at this moment I cannot remember all of them.

Upvote 0

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have OneDrive or another cloud storage that has the option to keep the files only on-line and in your computer on demand, then make it having all the files available in your computer permenantly. That is one option why this must be happening. The other is to google it because it might depend on different reasons which at this moment I cannot remember all of them.

The related files such as libraries, openjdk, android-cli are on my computer and not in a cloud. I set the directories and I think I did everything correct.

So, is it possible to use B4R and an arduino 1010 for BLE or wifi? Or do I have to use the android IDE?

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
The related files such as libraries, openjdk, android-cli are on my computer and not in a cloud. I set the directories and I think I did everything correct.

So, is it possible to use B4R and an arduino 1010 for BLE or wifi? Or do I have to use the android IDE?

I have faced this in the past. Regardless (I think) from the fact you mention, one drive has a unique ability to piss you off when you realize what is doing. My advice? No matter what you think you know One Drive has its own agenda. Check this out...

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have faced this in the past. Regardless (I think) from the fact you mention, one drive has a unique ability to piss you off when you realize what is doing. My advice? No matter what you think you know One Drive has its own agenda. Check this out...

Also B4R is Arduino IDE. It creates an Arduino sketch which it compiles through the Arduino CLI. With inline c you can take advantage of both the friendly B4R as well as the kind of hostile Arduino IDE...

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
See here also:

Upvote 0