Wish B4X IDE should have File > Favorite Projects to make loading projects easier

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
I may open a couple dozen B4A projects a day as I experiment with sample apps. The problem is this will lose my current set of projects that I am working on from the IDE's File menu because they will scroll off the list of recently opened projects.

Solutions:

1) Submenu for Favorite Projects
To solve this problem I'd like to have a "Favorite" menu item in the Files menu (File > Favorites) where I can pick the project to load from my Favorites sub menu. I will manually add the current Project to this Favorites list by using another menu Projects > Add to Favorite. And I can remove it from the list using Projects > Remove from Favorites. (This list can be maintained in an .ini file to allow for editing).

This will allow me to use Favorites to store all of my projects that I use on a regular basis so I don't have to go hunting for them.

2) Favorites Grid
A better alternative to using a submenu to display the Favorite projects, is to click on File > Favorites and this will display a modal dialog with a grid containing my favorites projects. The user can scroll through this list, and add the current project using a button "Add Project". The user can also delete an existing row from the grid using a button "Remove Project". This eliminates the need to add menu items to the Projects menus as I recommended in #1 above. The grid will have columns for Project Name (excluding directory), Directory, Last Modified Date, and Category. The Category is just a field where the user can enter an arbitrary string to identify several related projects. A category like "Mine Sweeper" would allow us to find all projects that are related to our "Mine Sweeper" game. Clicking on any column will sort the grid on that column. If we click on "Mod Date" we see the projects we last worked on. If we click on "Category" we see all the projects by category. This info would still be stored in a text file.

Either solution will go a long way to help us locate and organize our B4X projects better. :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will be releasing my B4X-Launcher soon (you can find it in beta version in the share your creations sub-forum), in which you can launch up to 10 favorites tools (user defined)... Which can also be your favourite projects

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will be releasing my B4X-Launcher soon (you can find it in beta version in the share your creations sub-forum), in which you can launch up to 10 favorites tools (user defined)... Which can also be your favourite projects

Thanks. I'll give it a try. :p