Android Question [B4X] xCustomListView - disable scroll up

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Several options, none of them is trivial:

1. Remove the items as the user scrolls. Will not be simple to handle the fast flings.
2. Handle the ScrollChanged position and update the scroll position if the user goes back. Might work.
3. Use ViewsEx TouchPanelCreator to handle the touch event before it reaches the ScrollView. You can see a more complicated example in CLVNested. You will need to implement the scrolling movement yourself.

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to disable the scroll up?
So the user can only scroll down, but not scroll up?
I just can't understand why you would want to do it?
What will happen when the user scrolls down and reaches the bottom? He can't scroll up, so what is he going to do with your application then?

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just can't understand why you would want to do it?
The functionality I needed in my ASViewPager, there is a row the complete page.
What will happen when the user scrolls down and reaches the bottom?
When the user reaches the bottom he can use "Pull2Refresh".

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
The functionality I needed in my ASViewPager, there is a row the complete page.
I am not sure if the user is just reading or has to write something on the page, but either way, he/she may want to review the page (go up) before "Pull2Refresh". I just don't think it is a good idea to limit what user can do.
But, I guess it is your application.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure if the user is just reading or has to write something on the page, but either way, he/she may want to review the page (go up) before "Pull2Refresh". I just don't think it is a good idea to limit what user can do.
But, I guess it is your application.
Yes, agree.

As a user, I also can not see why I can not go back/review/check my previous view/edit etc.
If it is lottery type thing or question where one can not change his/her answer, still one should be able to at least see it.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0