Android Question B4XComboBox, missing the triangle icon?

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I need a simple combo box and B4XComboBox served well for this purpose.

It runs OK when using dark or light theme, but when using custom theme or not using it (set it in manifest file), triangle icon missing, see the attachment.

How to make it appear when using custom theme?

Edit : The triangle icon was not missing, but color of the icon set to black and if your background color is black too, icon seem missing.

Is it possible to change the color of the triangle icon?

Attachments

• Test.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can instead set background color to anything but black
All of my applications used black background, so no way I will change it only to use this view.

If not possible to change triangle color, will search for other solution.

Upvote 0

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's simple: Unzip the corresponding b4xlib file and change the color to your liking

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's simple: Unzip the corresponding b4xlib file and change the color to your liking
Not that simple.

Thanks anyone who have been helped me.

I will change B4XCombo to this spinner :

Upvote 0

PaulMeuris

Licensed User
test_combo1.png
test_combo2.png

This might be a solution to your problem...
Create a bitmap with an arrow in it and use that as bitmap for your B4XComboBox...
The B4XComboBox is added in the designer to a panel of the same size. This lets you set the background color.
The bitmap is transparant except for the arrow.
B4X:
    Panel1.Color = Colors.Black        'Colors.White
    cbSnc.cmbBox.TextColor = Colors.White    '0xFFFFD700     'Colors.Black    '0xFFF5F5DC
    cbSnc.cmbBox.DropdownBackgroundColor = Colors.Black        '0xFF000000

'cbSnc.mBase.SetBitmap(LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets,"arrow_down_black.png",270dip,40dip,True))
    cbSnc.mBase.SetBitmap(LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets,"arrow_down_white.png",270dip,40dip,True))
    'cbSnc.mBase.SetBitmap(LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets,"arrow_down_yellow.png",270dip,40dip,True))
Is this what you wanted to do?

Attachments

• Test_combobox.zip
    12 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 1

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 141504 View attachment 141505
This might be a solution to your problem...
Create a bitmap with an arrow in it and use that as bitmap for your B4XComboBox...
The B4XComboBox is added in the designer to a panel of the same size. This lets you set the background color.
The bitmap is transparant except for the arrow.
B4X:
    Panel1.Color = Colors.Black        'Colors.White
    cbSnc.cmbBox.TextColor = Colors.White    '0xFFFFD700     'Colors.Black    '0xFFF5F5DC
    cbSnc.cmbBox.DropdownBackgroundColor = Colors.Black        '0xFF000000

'cbSnc.mBase.SetBitmap(LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets,"arrow_down_black.png",270dip,40dip,True))
    cbSnc.mBase.SetBitmap(LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets,"arrow_down_white.png",270dip,40dip,True))
    'cbSnc.mBase.SetBitmap(LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets,"arrow_down_yellow.png",270dip,40dip,True))
Is this what you wanted to do?
Yes, that's what I want, thanks šŸ‘

Upvote 0