Android Question B4XPages and CameraEx

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to All
I am trying to pass previous code to B4xPages. So I "converted" the CameraEx example, as is. The project is attached. I migrated the stuff which was originally in the Starter, to B4xMainPage, as long as the same layout. The code which was inside the Main module is now in the B4xMainPage. I am clearly missing something very basic, because the camera is never initialized and therefore working.

Attachments

• TestCamEx.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 50

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am clearly missing something very basic
Private Panel1 As Panel
Private Panel1 As B4XView
then you have to initialize this panel:
Panel1 = xui.CreatePanel("")

Your example project is a bit confusing. You are loading a layout that does not exist and you have commented out the InitializeCamera function in the Created event.

Attachments

• TestCamEx.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Private Panel1 As Panel
Private Panel1 As B4XView
then you have to initialize this panel:
Panel1 = xui.CreatePanel("")

Your example project is a bit confusing. You are loading a layout that does not exist and you have commented out the InitializeCamera function in the Created event.
Yes,despite the layout "1.bal" exists and is loaded by the App during my tests, it is not exported, because I didn't add it with the FileManager. Now I did this. I think that this is not the matter, anyway. I am forced to prepare test examples only to show my problems that arise in much more complex apps that I cannot post. Forgive me. About the commented line: I first tried to Initialize the camera inside the PageCreated, then I tried in the Initialize sub. Attach new code. Hope it is clear now.

Attachments

• TestCamEx.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0