Android Question [B4XTable] Scroll up/down records

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I don't know if there is a way to scroll the screen up/down the grid instead of clicking the next/previous page buttons.
How can this be done?
Thank you.

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How can this be done?
Welcome back @vecino. B4XTable is not vertically scrollable like an xCLV, but what you can do if it is ok is to have two buttons or swift buttons with arrows one UP and the other DOWN as text to show the direction and use this code:
B4X:
B4XTable1.CurrentPage = B4XTable1.CurrentPage - 1
The other button will have this:
B4X:
B4XTable1.CurrentPage = B4XTable1.CurrentPage +1
By the way you post very good threads; when are you going to change that avatar to a nice looking picture instead of a cup cake unless that is your business logo

Upvote 0

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh no, don't tell me you can't scroll vertically!
A data grid that doesn't scroll is not very functional.

I suppose that those buttons you say will be the same as clicking on the ones that the grid comes with by default: < >

I've replaced the grid of a program I made years ago and now I'm going to have to go back to the one I replaced:

A nice avatar... I'll look for a nice one šŸ˜Š

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suppose that those buttons you say will be the same as clicking on the ones that the grid comes with by default: < >
Yes, page up or page down, last or first. That is the drawback of B4XTable is the lack of vertical scroll. There have been many threads pointing that out for years. The way I overcome that is to use the built ina search so I only show records with a given search text. Therefore, instead of clicking 40 pages, I may only clcik one or two or some times none and I have my data.
You might want to take a look at Flexible Table lib that scrolls verically, but does not have that search feature

Upvote 0

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I don't understand the lack of scroll, because after all it's a list and it's probably an xCLV.
The problem is that users are used to scrolling and now they will throw me into a bonfire.
Yes, I know "Flexible Table", it's the one I usually use, and I wanted to try B4XTable precisely because of the search.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
precisely because of the search.
You can probably have a search box you can implement with a B4XFloatTextField and use it to search into the database . Peter Simpson has made some tutorials where one of his examples uses a search box like that. Check him out. In the meantime, you may request vertical scroll from Erel.

Upvote 0