Games Ballon brakeing annimation

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can somebody post a ballon braking annimation ?

I wish we could have more sample code on how things works so we could start learning the game development.
Sample code on how to do simple things could help and would be more easy to understand.

Thank you !

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found some sprites in png format but I will have to learn how to use them , I have also the svg but the svg is broken into pieces....I am a bit stocked

Do I need the sprites individualy in svg format ? How can I use the sprites from a single png file ?

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you're using libGDX you could use a spritesheet, it means all the images of the animation in the same png (you could also use separate images if you want).
Then the animation should be done with the lgAnimation class.
This way is how it's done in one of the libGDX examples, and that's the way I've allways done it.
I agree we could have more examples and code, but if you're using libGDX (almost mandatory in game making with b4x) there are plenty of examples provided, that's the way I learned. I know the learning curve is hard. You have to study the examples and play with them until you know how things work...

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks... I am working on a simple game starting from an example from forum, the code was clean but no libraries used :) , I will finish this then start to migrate and understand libgdx. I want to have a game that is downloaded as well. :)

Let me try the animation and I will post the code here then we shall comment on the way I did it :) I do remember Erel running a horse so I should do it too

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
What interval should I put the timer to change frames ?
How do I calculate this timer from the number of frames availlable ?